The course first helps people grasp all that happened the moment they became Christians: who we are in Christ; the truth of God’s unconditional love; why there is no condemnation; why we don’t have to languish in cycles of sin, negative thinking and hopelessness. But good teaching on its own is not enough. Although the key to freedom is knowing the truth (John 8:32), simply telling people the truth doesn’t mean that they really know it.
The course also includes a kind and gentle ministry process to help people repent of past sin and resist the devil. For many this “clearing out of rubbish” is the key to the teaching falling into place.
There are three basic components to the course:
- Discipleship teaching that helps Christians understand who they are in Christ, the nature of the spiritual battle, and how to move on to maturity. This works best in small groups.
- A ministry process called The Steps To Freedom In Christ. This is run between sessions 9 and 10 of the course and helps Christians deal with negative influences and unresolved spiritual conflicts. It is straightforward, gentle and kind. It is generally facilitated by ordinary Christians.
- Help to stand firm in the freedom gained, especially through renewing the mind (Romans 12:2).
When and where?
We will be running a full Freedom in Christ course starting on Monday 23rd October through to Monday 14th December. This is the 14th course we have run and anyone interested in undertaking this Discipleship Course is welcome to sign up.
The Formats for the evening sessions will be
- 7:20pm Coffee on arrival
- 7:40pm Opening worship
- 8:00pm Single teaching session
- 8:45 Single Group session
- 9:30/9.45 Finish
Places can be booked now via Church Suite, and further information is available from the office.
The course is comprehensive and exceptionally easy to use. It is backed up by books, audio material and training resources. Visit www.ficm.org.uk to find out more, or please contact the church office.