Vacancy -Associate Rector
St George’s Stamford is looking to appoint an Associate Rector to support our development as a Resource Church in Lincoln Diocese. The purpose of this new initiative funded by money from the Strategic Development Fund is to renew the urban church in the larger urban centres of Lincoln Diocese where under 1% of the local population attend an Anglican church.
St George’s has been acting as an informal resource church over many years and has a record of pioneering new initiatives in the Stamford area. We have a usual Sunday attendance of around 500 people and our purpose is ‘making disciples on mission with Jesus.’
If you are interested, please read our profile and if you would like to talk it through, please contact Martyn Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
The new Associate Rector will release the Rector to oversee the strategic development of church planting teams from St George’s, by sharing in the oversight of St George’s, looking after parish responsibilities and sharing our vision ‘to make disciples on mission with Jesus.’
- Sharing in the overall leadership of St George’s Stamford.
- Maintaining your own emotionally healthy spirituality.
- Line managing the staff team.
- Leading inspiring worship and an engaging and effective preaching and teaching ministry.
- Exercising a pastoral ministry within the Church and community.
- Supporting our commitment to prayer, bible study, evangelism, social action and whole life discipleship.
- Supporting the development of St George’s to become an effective resourcing church for the larger market towns (urban areas) in Lincolnshire.
- Supporting our continued mission and growth within Stamford.
- Supporting the integration of new disciples and members into the life of the church.
- Supporting the church’s ministry to children, families, young people and young adults.
- Developing leaders to support the wider vision of making disciples on mission with Jesus.
- Ensuring every member is valued, nurtured and equipped to be a devoted dependent disciple of Jesus in the power of the Holy Spirit, and developing disciples who make further disciples.
The ideal Candidate:
St George’s is looking for someone who has a vision for market town ministry, experience in a growing all age church, an ability to lead and inspire others and faith that believes great things from God. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate evidence of practical disciple-making activity, with a collaborative approach to ministry and strong preaching and teaching gifts. We are looking for someone who wants to grow in his or her gifts, ministry experience, personal discipleship, and who has a sense the Lord may be calling them to this role.
For more information about this application process, please use this link
- An opportunity to join a designated Resource Church with a national vision for Market Towns.
- The benefit of an excellent and supportive staff team.
- A creative and faith filled environment for seeking God’s Kingdom and growing in ministry experience.
- An opportunity to focus on your strengths as our team complement each other according to gifting.
- An all age 0-90 church family where there is genuine ministry in all age groups.
- Financial support for conferences, training and retreats.
- Six weeks holiday a year and full expenses.
Please follow the links below to find out more about us.
Closing Date: Friday 3rd May 2019
Interview: Stamford, Thursday 16th May 2019
Apply- By clicking here