Can you teach the bible and pastor young people?
Can you build teams for reaching and teaching young people?
Can you break new ground in the community with young people not yet part of the church?
Can you help us mobilise our young people as disciples on mission with Jesus?
This is an exciting opportunity for a gifted and experienced Youth Minister to step into strategic local leadership role.
As a recently designated Resource Church we are looking for a visionary Youth Minister who loves working with young people, has experience in youth evangelism, making teenage disciples, training and building teams and apostolic vision to help train others for our new church planting locations.
We have around 60 11-18 year olds connected to church families, with one hundred 0-11’s transiting through our Children’s church . We would love to see more of our 14-18 year olds better connected and need to do some work on strengthening our youth teams. We have a new church centre in the middle of town with a designated youth space.
The Youth Minister will help to support our church-planting curates and interns in pioneering new work alongside home based ministry. You will help to train our Discipleship Year Students in Youth ministry. Can you help us to develop future youth workers for the new plants?
Further information about the role can be found here.
Please contact email@example.com for an application pack or Ben.Topham@stgeorgeschurch.net for an informal conversation about the role.
Package: £26,000 plus housing allowance.
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 28th February 2020
Interview date: Thursday March 19th 2020
Church Planting Curates
In addition to preparing for a church plant, this training position will fulfil all the requirements necessary to equip the curate for stipendiary ministry in the Church of England, particularly in the local context of the Diocese of Lincoln.
Specific to the Church Planting role you will:
- Share the vision of planting into market towns with the St George’s congregation to mobilise church members to join you in moving to the new town and establishing the new congregation in two years’ time.
- Work with the Rector and our new Youth and Children’s Missioner to develop church planting interns as future children’s and youth workers\worship leader depending on the mix of gifts.
- Make weekly visits to the new market town to establish local relationships and assess potential ministry opportunities as a precursor to church planting. You will make connections with local schools that are open to receiving help near the potential church plant.
- Establish a midweek activity that can feed into a monthly gathering as a way of drawing a crowd. Plan evangelistic events for Christmas, which feed into a post-Christmas Alpha course. Make new disciples in the new town.
- You will move to the new market town and launch a new weekly congregation with church members who move with you and a small staff team who have worked with you.
Job information pack//Who to contact for more information
Futher details can be found in the Job information pack by clicking here.
Please contact Rector Martyn Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or an informal discussion.
How to Apply
To express an interest please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com .