Church Planting Curates
In addition to preparing for a church plant, this training position will fulfil all the requirements necessary to equip the curate for stipendiary ministry in the Church of England, particularly in the local context of the Diocese of Lincoln.
Specific to the Church Planting role you will:
- Share the vision of planting into market towns with the St George’s congregation to mobilise church members to join you in moving to the new town and establishing the new congregation in two years’ time.
- Work with the Rector and our new Youth and Children’s Missioner to develop church planting interns as future children’s and youth workers\worship leader depending on the mix of gifts.
- Make weekly visits to the new market town to establish local relationships and assess potential ministry opportunities as a precursor to church planting. You will make connections with local schools that are open to receiving help near the potential church plant.
- Establish a midweek activity that can feed into a monthly gathering as a way of drawing a crowd. Plan evangelistic events for Christmas, which feed into a post-Christmas Alpha course. Make new disciples in the new town.
- You will move to the new market town and launch a new weekly congregation with church members who move with you and a small staff team who have worked with you.
Job information pack//Who to contact for more information
Futher details can be found in the Job information pack by clicking here.
Please contact Rector Martyn Taylor email@example.com for more information or an informal discussion.
How to Apply
To express an interest please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Due to the holiday period our formal recruitment process will not start until September.