Appointment of new Associate Rector
We are delighted to announce the appointment of our new Associate Rector. For more details please click here.
Welcome to St George’s Church Stamford
‘Making disciples on mission with Jesus’
St George’s is a lively, Spirit filled, all age Anglican Church in the centre of Stamford. We meet in up to four congregations each Sunday with good provision for children and young people. We have over 40 midweek small groups and run regular Alpha courses. Everyone is welcome!
Our Values: Recognising that Jesus is at the centre, the Bible is our Guide and that people matter, we seek to be a loving community who:-
- Pursue God’s presence together.
- Grow in discipleship.
- Care for everyone.
- Engage with our world in love.
- Enjoy celebrating God’s love together.
Our Vision: ‘Our vision is for greater maturity, deeper engagement and numerical growth.’
- We will have greater maturity as every member is valued, nurtured and equipped to be a devoted dependent disciple of Jesus in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We will have deeper engagement with our world through personal witness, social action, local evangelism, missional communities, diocesan partnerships and our world mission partners.
- We will have numerical growth as a loving community of multiple congregations, missional communities and small groups.
A Message from Revd Martyn Taylor
At St George’s, our purpose is ‘making disciples on mission with Jesus‘. We hope this website gives you a flavour of the events, people, beliefs,and foundations of our church. Please take a look around, enjoy,and do not hesitate to get in touch and come and see us for yourself. Our Services on Sunday take place at 8am, 9.15am, 11am and 6.30pm.
How to find us
We are a only short walk (5-10mins) from the train & bus station, the main shopping streets of the town centre. Our nearest car park is on Wharf Road. Click here for more details on our Church location and other local car parks. Please use the Rectory postcode in Sat Navs Etc. : PE9 2BN when finding the Church, as we’ve had reports of people getting lost- The church is opposite the Rectory!